Saturday 30 August 2014

Oh man my back hurts!!

Stuart and Heajin have bought their first home in Canada. Today was the big day. We headed up to their current residence this morning early and spent quality time packing all their worldly possessions up from their basement apartment out to the truck Stu had rented for the big event.

Here we are all locked and loaded ready to go.

The rental truck which is packed to the gunnels as well as 4 cats!!!

Big Mo packed with exercise equipment, bikes, etc.

Stu's car packed with 2 dogs plus the canoe and whatever else will fit.

Off we go for the other end of the fun day.

We arrive before Stu as he has stopped to pick up cold beer for the workers..us!! I take the keys and head for the house with the sold sign out front. Omg the keys don't work. I try and try and thank god no one is home. I am at the wrong house. Their house is next door. Oops!!! Sorry neighbors..me bad!!

Ok got the right house and the key works. So far so good. We stop for lunch and then the other 3 work at unloading the truck while I get started at cleaning the kitchen. Believe me I have never seen a fridge or cupboards as filthy as these. I would be ashamed to leave that kind of mess behind. But it is sparkling now!!

After they got the truck unloaded Tom and Stu returned the rental and picked up pizza for dinner. We got them as settled as we could for today and then got ready to head home.

We will go back tomorrow to cut the grass, clean up the yard and give them some more help. That is if we can get out of bed!!

Until next time - safe travels.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Try explaining that to the cops if a nosey neighbor had called that in. Hope you feel better today.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete