Tuesday 5 August 2014

Last Day for Visiting

I drove Judy into town this morning for work. Later Tom and I headed into town for a visit with Cousin Bill. He was getting ready to head out to his farm to crop check!! It seems like that is what farmers do this time of year. Hoping all goes well until they get the crops into the bins. This region has some of the richest soil in the province and possibly the country.

We stopped in to visit two of my cousins from my Mom's side, Vearle and Leona. Me Bad!! I did not take a picture of them but we had a very nice visit.

Then a drive out to Cousin Dennis's farm for one last visit with him and Fay. His sister Diane and her husband Barrie are staying with them for another day or so before they head for home.

Then it was back into town to meet Judy and Larry. We took them out for dinner as a thank you for putting us up for the past few days. We ate at the Venice House in Melfort. On the way I had to take a picture of the rabbit in the cloud. Can you see it?

Shortly after arriving at the restaurant the lights went out and the fire alarm started. The noise was awful but we stayed and waited it out. After they got the lights on and the alarm off dinner was good.

We headed back to the farm and spent the evening chatting and relaxing. Tomorrow we start our drive back to Edmonton.

Our reunion turned out so well. There were 10 children in my Dad's family. We had representatives from 6 of those families. There is only one of the original 10 remaining. Cheryl's Mom (my Aunt Alice) is the last one. She will be 96 this year, wow. Hope the longevity of some of my relatives rubs off on me!!

I want to thank all those that came to the reunion. It was wonderful to see so many of my cousins that I grew up with. We were all so close when we were young. And to meet the spouses and children of the original cousins. We heard lots of stories and relived so many memories. I am sure that the 9 old timers that were watching from above enjoyed it as much as we did.

Tomorrow will be a long day. So best to get some rest.

Until next time - safe travels.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment