Saturday 21 April 2012

Parsnips anyone?

Wednesday I joined my friend Helen McAllister and her ladies group at the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank.   There were 20 of us that arrived on their door step at 9 am to volunteer our time.  Two thirds of our group worked at sorting and packing parsnips into 5 pound bags for distribution to those in need.  At the end of our shift we had packed 1275 pounds of parsnips....can you say sore back!!!   But it was fun and it felt good to do something for those that are not as fortunate as I am.

Today was cool and overcaste.  We top dressed some weak spots in the yard this morning and then spent the afternoon touring around some truck dealerships to see if there were any trucks to suit our needs.  So far no luck.  But we will keep looking.  There are not many 3500's out there. 

They are talking about some possible snow here on Monday.  I hope not.  All of my perennials our coming along nicely and many are in bloom.  I want sunshine!!! 

Until next time....safe travels.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you might be covering the plants in order to save them. The snow is supposed to be north of Huntsville. Maybe a light dusting below that. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate parsnips! Humbug... Nice of you to help out the needy though... I saw the forecast for Monday as snow in your parts... hmmmmmm.... we are coming home soon! Next Friday or Saturday, we should be back... currently in Oklahoma City... nice and warm, and everything is green. Don't worry, one of those trucks will come your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm and I love Parsnips, sliced thin and cooked in butter. So great you volunteer. always a warm fuzzy feeling when you're done for the day huh.

    ReplyDelete