Wednesday 16 May 2012

Meet Big Mo

Meet Big Mo.  This is our 2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD.  He is a big brute but what we need to tow Tara around North America.  We picked it up on May 5th, drove it home and parked it in the drive way.  We left for St. Lucia the next day for our daughter's wedding and Big Mo has not moved since.

We need to get him out on the road to see what he can do.  We still need to get a hitch installed, mud flaps, etc. but we have lots of time for that.

I need to get caught up on my blog.  I have wedding pictures to download.  I should be like John and do this on a daily basis and then I would never be behind.............right there Hollinger???

We had Tara towed to our summer park spot today.  I met the fellow there for the drop off.  Then I leveled her, dropped the back legs,  set up the tripod, put out the slides, hooked up the hoses, etc.  all by myself....WOW!!!!  I am impressed.

Only two problems.  Our power cord is not long enough.  The plug as at the back end and the electrical hook up is out by the street.  I am about 20 feet short.  They hooked up our batteries yesterday at the storage place but I did not have any battery power today either.  Couldn't figure out how to get the lights to come on, etc.  Problem number two I hooked the white hose to the city power supply and to the tap.  Turned it on and the water just ran out the little hoses that are underneath.  Nothing went to the taps.  They must have turned off something when the winterized.  Oh well.  I brought the manuals back to town so I can try to figure it out.  Tom had appointments today so I was on my own.  It was fun.

Now I must get to those wedding pictures.

Until next time - - safe travels.

6 comments:

  1. Wow... lots of progress! What they hell do you need Tom for anyways... it appears you can do it all yourself! Nice looking truck... looks like a brute! If you want to use A/C this summer, you will need a heavy duty extension cord, if it is a 30 amp or 50 amp hookup! Check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He comes in handy for a few things...lol. The truck should do the job as long as we don't knock off one of those big back fenders at the gas pumps.
      The cord we have is a 50 amp with a 30 amp attachment. Tom is picking up another 50 amp today. Holy they are expensive. $185 for a 25 foot extension cord. I guess we are at the expensive end of the journey or is it just starting?

      Delete
  2. Big Mo? I thought it was Bubba! Cool wheels, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will explain that one when we see you guys.

      Delete
  3. Good Looking truck!

    Ask the Camp ground if you can relocate to a site where the Hyro pole is closer to the rear of the site so you won't need an extension cord just yet.

    The water running out the low point drains either need caps screwed on or at the control center there will be a couple of valves you'll have to turn off. That problem will be solved but don't forget to flush the water lines of any winterizing antifreeze. Tastes terrible.

    Isn't learning all this new stuff fun? Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there are very few spots that are large enough to accommodate Tara as she is pretty long. We had our pick of ...2... This park is full so can't move. We are just going to add another cord.
      Thanks for the advise in the low point drains. That was exactly the problem. Tom and I went back up to the park last night and he figured it out. We got the lines flushed.
      The learning is exciting but man the curve is long. Thanks Rick.

      Delete