Tuesday 24 June 2014

Honk Honk

Our friends Dave and Helen headed off for a two month trip to Scotland recently. Before they left she dropped off an old wooden bird that I assume used to hang out doors. She wanted to know if I could bring it back to life.

 

As you can see it was not pretty.

First was to pick off the remaining paint chips and give it a good sanding. It took a lot of sanding to bring it back to a like new finish.

Then many hours and many coats of paint to try to get some detail into it. I have never painted on wood before and never realized how difficult it is to get detail on wood with paint.

But the end result turned out pretty good. I will have a surprise waiting for her when she gets home....if she doesn't read my blog while she is away...lol

 

 

 

I am going to hate to give it back to her. Maybe we will sell and move before she gets home...lol

Now to find a new project to work on...until next time safe travels.

 

1 comment: