Wednesday 4 September 2013

Emily Park Part 2


It seems like it has taken quite awhile to get those last few pictures of Emily Park posted.  Been awfully busy and without internet or cell phone service for a good portion of the past two weeks.  But we are home and I will get our adventures updated for all my fans out there.

I had mentioned that Tom and I had paddled up the Pigeon River out of Emily Park.  The river was quite wide in its time but now the river bed is over grown with marsh grasses of all kinds leaving a channel weaving back and forth.  In places it was quite shallow which made for hard slugging along.  But it was a really nice day and an adventure.

Here Tom is ploughing through a patch of water lilies and reeds.  We had been told by a couple of fishermen at the mouth of the river to watch for the 100 steps.
Looking down - this is half the steps to the trees, the other half is below down to the river

Tom is standing at the top.  I am half way down.
The old farm house at the top of the hill

The river access to the steps
We had our lunch here at the edge of the river before paddling on for awhile longer.   We finally turned around and headed back to the lake and the park.
t

It was fun having John & Judy's granddaughter Gwenny visiting during the time we were at the park.   She is at the age that she picks up and repeats everything.  Tom is learning the play "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" on the guitar.  One spot in the song you just rap on the side of the guitar and sing "I know, I know, I know".  Before the weekend was over every time Tom would sing "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone"  Gwenny would say "I know, I know, I know".  It was too cute.  They made quite a team.


Our time at Emily Park was over far too quickly.  After a couple of days at home we headed off to our next stop - Restoule Provincial Park near North Bay.  Details to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I know...I know...I know...

    It was a great trip, we enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete