Friday 20 September 2013

Bionic Woman Returns

It is over and I am home.  New hip has been put into place and now it is just into recovery mode. 

If you have never seen what the parts look like that they install see below.  Pretty cool.

 
Components of a Hip ReplacementIf I keep this up I will be worth more in spare parts than I am now...I hear titanium is pretty expensive. 

But I am glad it is over.  I have both a daily nurse to change the dressing and eight physio therapist visits all under OHIP.  Love Canada!! 

Thanks to everyone who called, emailed and posted on facebook for sending all your warm wishes.  Nice to know that there are so many out there that care.  Love you all.

Until next time - safe travels.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well Cheryl... you will be looking like the 6 Million Dollar Women! That is certainly a lot of hardware you have on the go there... no more airport scanners for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that I will be having lots of fun at airports from here forward. Just to keep life interesting. Think they will want to see my scars?

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing good. Even with all the aches and pains I think I'll stick with my original parts. Maybe a tune up once in a while would be okay. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick but there comes a point where the old parts just don't work anymore. The new ones are going to get me back to doing all the things I love, especially hiking. Can't wait.

      Delete