Tuesday 18 March 2014

A Touch of the Irish

We all have a touch of Irish in our blood on St. Patrick's Day.  I however am very proud to state that my paternal Grandad was Irish.  My great grandparents came over from County Tyronne and settling in New York state way back in the 1800's.  My Grandad and two of his brothers were adventurous and headed to settle in good old Saskatchewan.  That made me a prairie girl.  So on March 17th I got out the t-shirt.
 Judy, Deb and I decided that to celebrate we would make an Irish meal and have a Progressive Dinner.  We started at Deb and Gerard's for appetizers.  Deb made Irish Beef Brisket and Potato Scones to start us off.

 Deb made sure her Irish Eyes were Smiling!!
 From there we moved on to Judy and John's for a delicious Irish Stew and Potato Buns.
Then we scampered through the pouring rain to our house for Bailey's Bunt Cake and Irish Coffee.
We were all very full and satisfied by the time we were finished.  Our company waddled back to their homes with promises from all to start dieting again tomorrow.

It poured rain all night last night and the wind was very strong.  The trailer was rocking, the palm trees were bent over and the canopy snapped all night.  Today we got up to that beautiful Florida sunshine again.  Another perfect day in paradise.

Until next time - safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment