Friday 7 February 2014

The Maple Leafs Win

Part of our holiday deal with John  & Judy was that if we went to a Leaf's game they would come to the Daytona 500 with us.  John is a HUGE Leaf's fan.  I don't think he ever misses a game.  So last night was our part of that agreement.  The Leaf's were playing the Tampa Lightning Bolts at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.  After stopping for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays we headed over early to the Forum so that we could check out the pre-game warm up.  John & Judy are both decked out in their jerseys.  Thanks John for lending me this photo.  I figured I took it so I can borrow it for my blog...lol.
Judy & John - Leaf's fans!!  I would think so.

The Lightning Bolts
 Judy had arranged for the tickets and the parking.  So convenient!!  The seats were up high and we had a perfect view of the entire ice surface.


The warm up  - what an awesome tv screen !!
 They have lightning bolts going off all the time..  Part of their theme and quite eye catching.  This little guy is a member of one of Tampa's minor hockey club.  He skated out during the lightning bolts with his illuminated hockey stick.  What an experience for this little guy.

 The game started out slow and I was thinking that it was going to be a boring game.    But by the midway point in the first period Toronto came to life and kicked butt from there forward.  They put the Lightning Bolts to bed with a 4-1 win.

photophoto

You would have thought this was a home game as there was more cheering for Toronto than for Tampa.  The place was full of Toronto jerseys.   Just shows how many Ontario people are down here in the winter and are out to cheer on their team.  Unfortunately the comments you hear in the crowd are mostly about Rob Ford.  Hate to think that all Canadian's are being painted by that pathetic paintbrush.  There is so much more to Canada than a crack smoking Toronto mayor that should be in kicked out of office and even better in jail.

Thunder Alley outside the forum

Was a midnight by the time we got back home.  A good game and a good day.  Thanks John for FORCING us into a Leaf's game. It was fun.  Had a great time.  Go CANADA!!! I don't care what team it was - we beat the USA!!  I really do love going to watch a game of hockey.  Both of my Grands play hockey and it is awesome to watch them play.  Just wish I could do it more often.

Until next time - safe travels.


2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the Leafs have been winning a few games. Best not jinx it though by even mentioning it. Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy still prefers to watch our grandson play hockey over the pros.
    Sorry I didn't Thank You sooner this week wore me out. Kathy thought Tom Is probably the life of the party where-ever he goes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time

    ReplyDelete