Sunday 10 February 2013

More Snow But Kyle Warmed Things Up

I had purchased tickets for the Canadian Motorsports Expo for the weekend. We had planned on attending on Saturday but Saturday morning we got up to find all the snow we shoveled on Friday replaced by more snow.  It had stopped overnight but the wind came up and caused lots of drifting.  The snow plow showed up in the middle of the night and according to our neighbor got stuck so just left.  And what a mess he left!!!  There was a wind row about 10 feet out from the bottom of our drive and about 3 feet deep.  We were not going anywhere until we either shoveled some more or they brought in a front end loader to clear out our cul-de-sac.  

We got the driveway cleared off again.
Then cleared off Big Mo. This is the hood.  He was buried!!
Tom is surveying the end of the driveway.  The black line about 10 - 15 feet out is the little bit of sand the plow dropped as he took off.  From Tom to that line is about 10 feet of 3 foot deep snow and then ruts that are about a foot deep.  Yikes!!!
 Our neighbors had shoveled to the end of their drive last night also.  They are not going anywhere either.
So we shoveled and shoveled and cleared a path big enough to get the car out of the driveway.  We figured we could back out onto an area that the plow had sort of cleared and get out of Dodge!!  We had finished ours and the neighbors spent a couple of hours clearing theirs.  Then in comes a front end loader to clear up all the mess and make a huge pile in the middle of the circle.

He should have come a few hours earlier and would have saved us all that work.  We reportedly received 34 cm of snow  in about 24 hours.  That is more than a foot of the white stuff.  After we finished the front we moved to the back to clear off the deck so we could get to the bbq.
Even more buried today

It does look very pretty.
 We headed over to our friend's Dave and Helen's for dinner Saturday night after we were finally able to get out of the driveway. . Other friends Ellen and Rahm were also there and tell us they are getting ready to head to Siesta Keys, Fl.  Another lucky couple heading to the sunshine.  Hope they have a great time.

This morning the sun was shining, the streets are all cleared and we headed off to the International Center to the Motorsports Expo  Lots of cool race cars of all different types were on display.  Here are a few that I thought were pretty interesting.

The Rail...almost as long as our 5th wheel!!



 The special guest at the show today was Kyle Busch who just happens to be my favorite Nascar driver.  I, of course, was sporting my Kyle Busch t-shirt.  I received numerous comments from people asking if I was going to get my shirt autographed today.  I didn't think so because the line up for autographs after the Q&A session will be miles long and I don't do line ups!!!  The Meet and Greet before hand costs $150 per person and that is not going to happen.

As we were walking around one of the Exhibitors handed me a wrist band and said " Head over to Room B and go to the Meet and Greet with Kyle Busch".  Well you didn't have to tell me twice.  I headed across the floor, dragging Tom along with me.  I told the fellow at the door what had just happened and he said go on in and see what they say.  So in we go and when I was asked for my pass I explained again about the wrist band.  He said "come on in".  Yahoo!!

There was a maximum of 50 people allowed at this.  Kyle was working the table next to where we sat.  When he finished he headed right for the Kyle Busch t-shirt..........me.


 I got his autograph and got him to sign my t-shirt.....  Make my Day!!

 


Later at the Q&A a question came from a little girl of about 3.  "Can I hug you?".  He said that was the best question he has ever been asked and the little girl got a big hug.  She was all smiles.

As we were walked around later I got comments again from many people about the autograph.  I looked for the man that gave me the wrist band to thank him but I wasn't able to find him again.  Whoever he is  = Thank You so Much!!

The Trailer Park Boys were also supposed to appear at 11:00 am today at the show.  Unfortunately there was a huge snow storm in Halifax this morning and they were delayed.   They did finally arrive at about 3:30 this afternoon and we watched their Q&A session.  They were promoting their new movie "Swearnet" which is racing themed.  They don't seem to be much different in real life than they are on their show.  The show ran for seven seasons and it sounds like the series may make a come back in the near future.

Julian, Bubbles and Ricky
We headed home after listening to "The Boys".  With the deck cleared we were able to bbq dinner tonight and relax.  Another great weekend and one more week closer to spring.

Until next time - safe travels.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Autograph.

    Seeing the pictures of all that S##w brings back bad memories of hours of shoveling only to have the s##w plow come by to block us back in. Our neighbor actually videotaped a contractor with a front end loader clean the snow from the intersection and pile it on the sidewalks that I had just spent hours shoveling.

    Another reason we sold the house in 2011 and a great reason for being in Florida now. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...arn't you just the special one!!! That would be fon to meet him for sure!

    ReplyDelete