Wednesday 10 October 2012

Ottawa Bound

Tom is attending a real estate conference in Ottawa tomorrow and I am tagging along.  It is a very long and very boring drive from Toronto to Ottawa on the 401.  Not much to see but transport trucks, rain and blacktop.  The leaves, however, are outstanding at this time of year.  Due to the rain I was not able to get a good picture of the leaves through the windshield....so I found this one on the internet.  It is close to what we saw along the highway.  So beautiful!!



We arrived at 6 pm and checked into our hotel.    The Cartier Suites is a nice spot and handy for downtown Ottawa. Ottawa is such a pretty city.  With both the river and the canal passing through it boasts some beautiful parks.  The parliament building are extemely impressive. 



On  one of Taylor's summer visits we took her to Ottawa.  Her and I did a tour of the parliament buildings.  I would add a couple of the pictures taken then but they are not on this little travel computer that I have with me.  Maybe when I get home I will update a couple of those old pictures.  We had watched the changing of the guards, toured the buildings and the grounds.  It was a wonderful day to spend with your Grand.  Wish you were here today Pookeroo!!

Not sure what I will do tomorrow while Tom is working.  Last time I was here I walked for miles down to the market, along the Rideau Canal and around the grounds on Parliament Hill.  This time I have a screwed up knee that will not let me do that much walking.  So I will see how it goes.

Until tomorrow - safe travels.

2 comments:

  1. They say walking is good therapy but start slow and continually add on the amount of walking. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Capitall, and say hi to Steven for us!

    ReplyDelete